Monday, February 28, 2011

Fighting off Winter Funk

     Just when I had last year's leaves raked, just as I saw the first snowdrops start to bud, almost bloom, just as the first seeds were sprouting in the Plant Nursery, the weatherman announces that we'll have a few inches, updated to four inches, downgraded to about an inch...but as the night progresses, and I plow away 4 or 5 inches every few hours, we wake up to nearly a foot of snow in the driveway, and huge icicles hanging from the eaves.(Yes I know, it's a run on sentence)  So I asked friend Ed to model me fighting off winter funk, only to look into a mirror and find a fat greenie who was already to plant in the garden, only to find that this March is coming in as a lion...hopefully depart as lamb.
     Waves of Gadaffi blend with the grey clouds and waft through my soul looking for a light at the end of this tunnel called winter, and the beginning of a new world of spring and light and flowers, and a new generation of repressed but intelligent hard working region of the world can have some control over their resources and lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment